“We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm and adventure.
There is no end to the adventures we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open.”


Monday, April 19, 2010

My "Bali Ha'i" Wedding Anniversary

"Happy...happy, happy talkin' talk.... Talk about the things you like to do... You've got to have a dream... If you don't have a dream... how you gonna have a dream come true!"

This Rodgers and Hammerstein song from the 1958 movie "South Pacific" played in my head over and over again while waiting for our flight to Bali.

My husband and I were about to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary in this island paradise. It has always been my desire to travel to this exotic destination ever since I watched the movie as a young girl. It has left an indelible impression in my mind especially when Bloody Mary sang the song "Bali Hai." I fell in love with the location so I promised myself to visit that place some day. All along I thought it was set in the Indonesian island of Bali (it was actually shot in Ibiza).

So, with my three sons in tow, together with my parents, in-laws and a handful of other significant others, we flew to Bali from Jakarta in December of 2007, for a four day fun-filled adventure in the tropical island of my childhood dreams.

Celebrating our 20th year of wedded bliss!

The young ones in the family

The young "once" giving a toast to Caloy and I.

In our entourage were:

My three sons: Matt, Drew and Tim
My parents: Lito and Trellie Avila
Marigomen Family: Jojo, Bebot, Kristine, Mark and Kaye
Sister-in-law: Susan Evers
My nephew: Patrick
Yaya Violy

No comments: